Saturday, February 26, 2011

66. Patani - Kelantan Pitis Coin

image 1: obverse and reverse of the coin

image 2: colored version of the coin

image 3: inscription on the coin


      I am currently searching for information regarding this coin. I think this is an unlisted coin in my reference, in case you have any information about this coin, you can contact me so that I can publish it in this post.

     By the way, I had tried deciphering the inscriptions on this coin, the only coin that look similar to this coin is SS68. But this coin obviously do not have the word belanja and raja on it. The green colored inscription on the second image is " ini pitis patani" which means "This is the currency of Patani". The yellow one are currently unidentified, especially right after the purple colored. And lastly the purple colored are numbers in Arabic, which is 12. At first I thought it it 112, but later when I compared it with SS68, it is an alphabet of alif, instead of waheed (one). Both alif and waheed are quite similar. Could it be a date? or 12 pitis or something?

0 comments:

Post a Comment