Monday, May 9, 2011

94. Pulau Penang 1 Cent 1810 with Cud


image 1: obverse and reverse of the coin

image 2: close up view of the cud

image 3: extract from reference



Country of Origin: Pulau Pinang (also known as Penang, Prince of Wales' Island, now a part as a country of Malaysia)
Date: 1810
Denomination: One Cent
Weight: 9.46g
Edge: Plain
Dimension: Diameter of 28mm
Composition: Copper
Population: 1,827,840 pieces
Reference: SS29, P.16, C.292.1, KN2a
Mint: Royal Mint, London
Category: Normal Circulation Coin
Engraver: Lewis Pingo Chief Engraver of Royal Mint, London
Variety : SS29c - Small stroke at bottom of second figure 1 in date due to die crack




     I think I have posted too much of error coins. I guess in the next week I shall post other categories in my collection. 

    For the past weeks I bought quite a lot of Penang coins which not surprisingly had blow a big hole in my pocket. So for this transition post between error coin and Penang coin, I post about a Penang coin which have an error. Hehe cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment